Applying for Free School Meals
You should only use this site to apply for free school meals if your child or children attend schools within Brighton & Hove and you are in receipt of one of the benefits listed below.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension
- Credit Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - If you apply on or after the 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7400 per year
Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
Please note - if you are in receipt of any Working Tax Credit you will not be eligible to apply for free school meals.